Theai, Inc. (dba Inworld AI)
Last Updated: 08/04/2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you may share information directly with us when you sign up for a waitlist, create an account, fill out a form, purchase services from us, interact with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. We may collect your name, username, email address, postal address, company name, phone number, contact preferences, why you are signing up, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Website, we automatically collect:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Website, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Location Information: We may derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) may use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Website and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from advertising partners. Additionally, if you create or log into your account on our Website through a third-party platform (such as Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that platform.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Website, products, and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Website;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Inworld AI and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information;
- Create and derive insights from de-identified and aggregated information;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Inworld AI and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Website;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you access the Website on behalf of one of our customers (i.e., as an employee of such customer), we may disclose your information to the relevant customer (i.e., your employer).
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Inworld AI, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Inworld AI and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
To the extent Company processes information that cannot reasonably be linked to any of Company’s customers or any individual (“Deidentified Data”), Company will (a) take reasonable measures to ensure the Deidentified Data cannot be associated with an individual and (b) maintain and use Deidentified Data in deidentified form and not attempt to reidentify Deidentified Data except as permitted by law.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor agent position with Inworld, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful candidates’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Website, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Inworld, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of Inworld or others.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Inworld AI is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law, such as by obtaining your consent, relying on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions, or executing Standard Contractual Clauses. Where relevant, you may request a copy of these Standard Contractual Clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org and follow the opt-out instructions there or if you are located in the European Union, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s Your Online Choices opt-out tool here.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Inworld AI by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relationship.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account, we will delete your account data within 30 days; otherwise, we will delete your account data after two years of inactivity. We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please see “Contact Us” section below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
Additional Information About Cookies
The following table describes the types of cookies and similar technologies we use:
Type of cookies
Required cookies are necessary for basic website functionality. Some examples include: session cookies needed to operate the Website, authentication cookies, and security cookies. If you have chosen to identify yourself to us, we may place a cookie on your browser that allows us to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the Website and to process your online transactions and requests.
Functional cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of the Website. These cookies are not essential for using and navigating the Website. However, without these cookies, you will not be able to use certain functionalities offered on our Website.
These cookies are used to collect information in the aggregate about how visitors use our Website (including number of page views, number of visitors, and time spent on each page).